The American Wildfire Experience is led by executive director, Bethany E. Hannah.
Bethany has been involved in the wildland fire community for more than two decades and is a passionate advocate of understanding, examining, and illuminating our human relationship with fire. She began her career as a BLM and USFS Hotshot and most recently worked as the Interim Project Manager and a researcher at PyroLife, a research consortium in Europe.
She would love to hear from you. Connect with her here.
Our Board of Directors is comprised of a passionate group of wildland fire professionals and experts, including:
- Bethany Hannah, President
- Collin Haffey, Vice President (Coordinator, New Mexico State EMNRD)
- Dr. Sasha Berleman, Secretary (Director, ACR Fire Forward)
- Roy Miller, Treasurer (Fire Prevention, USFS)
- Sam Marouk (Retired Director, Fire and Aviation Management, CA BLM)
- Ken Pimlott (Retired Director, CAL FIRE)
- Peter Carpenter (Retired Director, Menlo Park Fire Department)